Friday, September 15, 2017

One of best Thai, Indian, Italian and Chinese Restaurants in Deagu


Daegu Citizen Press 2017


4 World Cuisines Inside Daegu
Enjoy (Almost) Authentic Thai, Indian, Italian and Chinese Dishes in Korea!

Daegu has a vast rich culture and with that a rich society where its citizens are providing world cuisines to challenge even conservative folks. I set upon my quest by accident and what become a simple dinner ended up being a food junkies dream.
I personally went and ate at 3 restaurants, Vangkok (Thai food), Taj Mahal (Indian Food) and Italy and Italy (Italian Food). I hope you enjoy story below and hope you get the chance to visit these great places.

Joy Vangkok


If you are seeking some real Thai food. Then you should really check out Vangkok! It has (thus far) been the most authentic experience I have had to real Thai cuisine.


Being in Korea, we tend to take for granted the great Korean food around us. However, we can sometimes forget we are in South East Asia, and we do have access to cuisines from various countries around Asia (this is especially true within Daegu).


The motive was set and the wheels were in motion. We would go to Vangkok and enjoy Thai food (again, this being our 2nd visit). The location of this restaurant is on the highway facing off Apsan Mountain. It is not easily accessible by foot unfortunately. When we drove in, the usher greeted and guided us to our parking spot.


We walked in, and the place was surrounded with elephants and décor from Thailand. We sat down and ordered our food. This place is great value. Let’s get that straight. The food arrived and I was amazed. The service was quick and the staff ready answer our requests. I have a young baby, and any effort to make our visit easier is certainly thumbs up. Food wise: Everything (but the salad) was delicious.


[Joy Vangkok]
Hour: 10:00 – 22:00 (Break time 15:00 17:00)
Address: 207, Apsansunhwan-ro, Dalseo-gu, Daegu, Korea
KR Address: 대구 달서구 앞산순환로 207


Taj Mahal in Korea


Coming across decent Indian food is a rare and often a tedious task in Daegu. One day, on my Facebook was sent a friend request. I accepted but unknown to me it was the owner of Taj Mahal. A weeks passed by and I saw some posts related to his Indian restaurant.
After this, I decided to go visit. I informed my wife and she was keen. We also took our daughter. The parking is behind the building, however be warned it is shared with other businesses and if space is limited you will have to find an alternative spot.


Upon arriving we were welcomed by the owner, seated and presented the menu with water. The menu was slightly over whelming. However you will be spoilt for choice. It took me 10 minutes to decide, as it was my first time.


My daughter received some complementary naan and some curry sauce. I was very moved by this gesture and was humbled. My daughter loved the taste of the curry and enjoyed the naan, since it was slightly covered in honey.


When my wife and I received our curry`s and naan. I was taken back by the presentation and portion size. It was decent. But as you know, it’s all about the taste. Diving into my curry dish, my taste buds were blown away. In fact, I did not want to that spicy but the owner did leave me a salt shaker. My wife`s curry, was just the same. Curry wise, everything was legit. Naan wise, perhaps some room for improvement.


Inside this restaurant, there are manikins dressed in Indian wedding attire and my wife got to try some of the outfits out. My daughter was also able to wear some Indian attire. This added a funny and lighthearted element to our evening.


[Taj Mahal In Korea]
Hour: 11:30 – 22:00
Location: Near Shinmae Station(Line2)
Address: 3224, Dalgubeol-daero, Suseong-gu, Daegu, Korea
KR Address: 대구 수성구 달구벌대로 3224

Italy and Italy 
  

This Italian restaurant has been around for years. The first time I came across this gem was downtown back in 2010. He later moved here to Camp Walker, (Outside Gate 4).
What makes this restaurant special is in the fact you can design your own dish. That`s right, design your own dish. First you select your portion, then from there go ahead and get creative.


If you have that creative strike inside you and LOVE Italian food, then Italy and Italy is the place for you. I would recommend this place at least for its novelty factor.


The owner himself, is a friendly chef. He prepares and cooks the food himself while running a tight operation at the front. On this particular day I also enjoyed a Lemon Iced Tea.


The restaurant can also be used to host private parties, such as birthdays and ceremonies. It certainly has that modern feel. Whilst the restaurants boosts its unique approach the food is by far one of the best I have had in Daegu. There is also a salad bar, where you may help yourselves to unlimited amounts of sides if needed.
Well there you have it, my 3 world cuisines all tried and tested in Daegu. There are a lot more places and world cuisines to try. I hope you get a chance to experience them all.


[Italy and Italy]
Hour: Weekdays 1:30 – 21:30, Weekend 10:30 – 21:00
Location: Near Camp Walker
Address: 93, Samjeong-gil, Nam-gu, Daegu, Korea
KR Address: 대구 남구 삼정길 93



Palseonsang


Along with Mani’s 3 recommendations, we’d like to introduce you a local’s favorite Chinese restaurant, Palseongsang! If you ask your friend from Suseong-gu area, he or she would have visited or at least heard about the place! 


As you can see from the pictures, this vivid bright green paints and red decorations come together to create exotic Chinese vibe. This Chinese restaurant is best known for its Beijing Duck dish and its course menus. Course menu starts from 15,000won per person and other dishes cost a little higher than average Chinese restaurants


[ Palseonsang]
Hour: 11:30 – 22:00
Location: Near Beomeo Station(Line2)
Address: 170-1, Beomeocheon-ro, Suseong-gu, Daegu, Korea

KR Address: 대구 수성구 범어천로 170-1

No comments:

Post a Comment